2019 South African National Kyokushinkaikan Championships tournament information
Date: 5-6 July 2019
- Port Elizabeth
- Raymond Mahlaba Centre
- R200 per first division, R150 thereafter
- All registrations online by registered instructors
- Closing date 22 June 2019
- Entries are per instructor and full payment is required by 28 June 2019
- Dojo’s are required to provide a minimum of four officials and all officials must be pre-registered.
Apparel and fight gear:
- Full contact competitors must wear groin protection, no other protection no strapping before the first fight. Thereafter official approval is required.
- Full and semi contact women and girls are required to wear breast guards
- Juniors Semi contact competitors are required to wear standard shin pads, headgear and gloves.
- Men’s Semi contact are required to wear standard gloves
- Veterans are required to wear standard shin pads headgear and gloves.
- All first rounds are 2 minutes in all divisions. In the event of a draw, a further 2-minute extension is allocated. Men and Women Full contact may include a third 2-minute extension.
- Full contact semi-finals and finals will be 3 minutes with two extensions of two minutes allowed.
- After the conclusion of the maximum extensions, the officials must determine a final winner.
- Open divisions will be determined by weight with the lighter weight competitor being granted the victory
- There is no Tamashiwari (Wood breaking).
- The event will begin on both days at 8:30am. A full schedule will be published and send to participants in advance.
- Participants are required to sign in at their relevant mat prior to the opening ceremony.
- The draw will be published in advance.
- Participants are required to be at their relevant mat 20 minutes in advance. Any participant which is not available when called will be disqualified IMMEDIATELY.
Rules and Regulations:
- All competitors and officials must familiarise themselves the latest international rules.
- Penalties will be applied for poor etiquette.
- All officials will be appointed by the organisers within seven days of the event.
- Dojo heads are required to contribute to the event by supplying a minimum of four officials for refereeing, judging and timekeeping.
- All officials are required to wear official uniform as stipulated by the organisers.
- Official table allocation and duties will be published in advance.
- Entrants must have a valid IKO number.
- Age group categories are determined by age on the date of the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to merge divisions if required.
- Participants are required to support KyokushinKaiKan sponsors first where possible
Divisions and categories